Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Gooey Bars

There's one in every office. No matter how small or large, it seems that every office has the designated treat person. The person who provides the goodies for office celebrations, brings in themed desserts around the holidays and, if you're lucky, may bring in fresh chocolate chip cookies "just because". It's a love-hate relationship with the treat person. There are always the moans of diets thrown off track or healthy lunches ruined while hands reach for just one more brownie.

I am unabashedly the treat person in my office. I love testing out new baked good recipes, but it just isn't practical to eat all those tasty goodies myself...so I share. And while my coworkers occasionally outwardly balk , I know it wouldn't be my job performance skills they would miss if I left the office...

This recipe is easy. Really easy. Sure, it isn't gourmet, but it tastes really good and always pleases a crowd. Plus, you probably have most of the ingredients on hand. So, whip up a pan and show your coworkers a little baked good love.

Gooey Bars

1 pkg. yellow cake mix
2 eggs
1 stick of butter, softened
1 (1 lb.) package powdered sugar
1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
1 t. vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9 x 13 inch baking pan. In medium sized bowl, combine yellow cake mix, eggs, and butter; mix well. Using your hands, press the mixture into the greased baking pan. Combine confectioners sugar, cream cheese, and vanilla and beat until creamy and smooth. Spread over cake mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Cut into squares and serve.

No comments: